Friday, January 5, 2007

Enjoying Flickr


This week I been looking at Flickr and I just love it. Because its creative and visual its something I can really get into. I still don't know how to do much besides upload photos from a disc but I guess thats a start. This is not the best picture I took when we went to Colorado last fall but its the one I was able to get posted on this site. A few weeks ago I accidently discovered another site for posting photos that I thought was good also, but I cannot remember the address to check it out again. I am not sure of some very basic things of the flickr website as I do not know how to let other people see my pictures. I have it set to private, friends and family but how does flickr know who my friends are? See, I still have a lot to learn. Maybe, after everyone does this course and we have a basic background on what myspace and flickr and everything else is about maybe we could have a couple of in person classes so that Robin and Bobbi can answer questions and should how to advance further. Real small classes on the different topics so we can really learn.
As I continue with the classes and blogging every week I am getting more comfortable with it, and I can see why people really like myspace even though that is not my way of communicating with people. It is a great tool for people to keep in touch. I'm even getting more familiar with tagging.

2 comments:

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

Karen - I think your suggestion of the small follow up classes is a great idea!
Flickr allows you to add other people with flickr accounts as your "contacts" when you do that it lets you choose if they are a family or friend.
Glad to hear you're having fun!

Robin said...

That's gorgeous, Karen!! To answer your specific question about friends/family in Flickr, you can add contacts to your account. When you add them, you can designate if they are friends or family at that time. Go ahead and add my account (webgoddess) as a contact (go to http://www.flickr.com/photos/webgoddess while you are logged into your account and use the Contact menu to add me. When you do, you can designate me as a Friend and I'll be able to see your photos (you can remove me at any time if you'd like...)
As for the classes - that's a great idea. Bobbi and I have already talked about it (via the wonders of Gmail chat) and we both agree it would be an excellent way to answer specific questions and get you all even more into using these new tools! Thanks for the suggestions, Karen!!