Friday, January 12, 2007

More RSS

Today I've been working on more RSS experimenting. I really like bloglines, it is a very easy convenient way to keep up with news, interests and things relating to work. I have had some troubles with the asignment 16 of using the different search tools to fine things but I hoping that with more experience it will become easier, just as blogging has. I like topix.net and feedster the best. I found technorati too confusing to use very well. I find that just like searching through the library stacks, searching for interesting news stories, you find the unexpected that peaks your interest. Things you never would have known you even wanted to look at without stumbling over it. I have a total of 17 feeds on my blogline right now and plan to add more. I was wondering if there is a way to organize bloglines into separate accounts, one for work interests, another for news stories and one for personal interests. Just a thought, it probably is already possible.

2 comments:

Robin said...

I personally organize my feeds into folders for that - I have a "library" folder and a "politics" folder and a "web design" folder as well as a "friends" folder and a "library learning" folder with all of your posts in it! You can create multiple accounts - as long as you have multiple email addresses, though. Make a work account with your work email and a personal account with your Gmail address, that sort of thing. The folders thing works best for me, though!

Bobbi Newman said...

Karen, I too organize my bloglines into folders, I have to, I have 192 feeds!

If you're looking at your feeds on the upper left you'll see a link that says "options" if you click on it you can create folders. Hope that helps!